(From The Garden Center, Inc. Bylaws, Article II)
The object and purpose of The Garden Center, Inc. is as follows:
- to unite all members of eligible garden clubs in Valdosta and Lowndes County in the objectives for which these clubs have formed,
- to obligate themselves to be responsible for assignments in all activities of The Garden Center, Inc.,
- to further the cultural interests of the city and communities of the county to preserve and maintain The Garden Center, Inc. properties,
- to exchange ideas which are beneficial to the members of the garden clubs, enabling them better to plant, propagate, hybridize, grow, and cultivate the plants, herbs, shrubs, vines, and vegetables which are used in so doing,
- to promote programs of interest in and helpful to matters botanical, horticultural, environmental, and agricultural in engaging in activities which are religious, charitable, scientific, and literary or educational within the meaning of 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law.